Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Viva Musica V in action!

Wah the concert. High man!!! Haha damm enjoyable la..those stupid things we did on stage, it's like HSCCB is more of a visual entertainment sometimes. Like we always have gimmicks for performances, replay pieces that we've been playing for years, and props and actors and actresses and dances are always involved! And all these people are our own band members! That's the funny part.

Woke up and prepared the stuff and made my way to MJ for practice while hogging all my stuff there. After which I left the school and made my way to Whitesands NTUC to get some chocolates for my section, and then met the HSC trombone alumni girls at City Hall for lunch.

When I reached VCH at 3pm plus, rehearsal was already ongoing (duh) and I pulled Yi Xin to go with me to the circle seats for a better view and better projection of their playing. And to take photos, of course.

During rehearsal...

The junior band playing Theme from New York, New York conducted by Mr Chua
Jie Ying and Daphne at the stall seats when I take a photo of them from above
The guest Clarinet Choir from Mus'art

I didn't take a lot of photos, I dunno why.

When we were dismissed to change into our performing attires and have some dinner, they said the dinner bentos aren't enough! Apparently the caterer delivered a shortage. So Tsz Shan, Wei Xiong and I were left without dinner. Mdm Zaibon announced afterwards that she'd ordered McDonald's and it'll arrive at 1915. I never saw a sign of Mac later in the night. Hence I had no dinner.

The boys practising some dancing for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame that the main band and alumni would be playing

I was left alone during these period of time and decided that I'd go change but all the toilets were overflowing with the girls. Thought hard and realised the adjacent Victoria Theatre will definitely have public toilets too. So trotted there and found Ee Yan and TS already there lo. Haha asked them to wait for me and when I'm done and wanna comb my hair at the basin, some Chinese national-looking aunties came in with their performance uniform. For a moment I thought they were just looking at themselves in the mirror but....but...but...they started stripping. At first they took off their tops but of course their bras were still intact, therefore I thought it was OK since in JC girls were like that too. Until they started taking off their bottoms that's when I got the shock of my life. It's like there are also people whom you dunno in the toilet lo it's like mass stripping can. Gawd. Told EY and TS that we should go so ran off. I was quite traumatised after that.

That's me, WX and TS in the space upstairs, above the backstage. Glad that I knew of such a space and didn't have to compete with others for the toilet cubicles

Since we had no dinner, we went around Cavenagh Bridge and along the Singapore River to take pictures. I was really having a lot of fun with those juniors whom I hadn't contacted for some time that I was a bit too cranky and laughed my heart out like some unglam freak. Whatever.

Me and TS

WX and me
WX, me and TS against the backdrop of the Singapore River and its bank

Oh well, when it was about time that we went back to VCH for the photo taking session, I was already very cranky. Haha.

Daniel and I after I calmed down a bit
Cedric and Dan
The stage before the bell rang for the performance to start
A rose that Ee Yan got from one of the juniors
EY, me, Ced and Dan
The tuba section with Mrs Chua

The concert beginned..

The junior band during the concert
Mr. Chua with the main band
The performers for the Star Wars part of John William's piece
Mrs Chua with the main band. Downstage you see two kids in PE attire. They were preparing for the Olympics part of the piece and then run around the stall seats passing some kind of fake torch. Hilarious
Jaws. I tried hard to capture the two 'swimmers'
And the shark but I failed

That's all the photos I have, only the first half la. I passed WX my camera to take photos of the second half but then sadly miscommunication arose and he thought I just need him to help me take care. Like thanks.

When the concert ended everyone was in a high la! I think it was also because of the dancers that brought up the atmosphere and the mood for everyone to enjoy..it's like not only the performers and players enjoying lo..the audience also..you'll know when you hear a lot of commotion from them. Then I was cranky again and kept screaming and yelling and dunno how we did the Kallang Wave on the stage! Lame la. Haha. But post-concert was very very fun. I'll miss the concert.

After the concert..

Me and Ryan
Yu Han and I
Me and Hongwei
Yu Han and Jie Ying

And we made our way back to HSC.

Chiaw Hong and I
I dunno what I was complaining about and I made this face. The photographer dunno how to countdown to push the shutter so....some unglam moments haha
Ah that's a better one. Amanda and I, ignoring the presence of Daniel at the back =P
Me and Zhi Wei
The tuba section of batches born in '85, '86, '87, '89, '91, '92, '93
Some chocolate plus cereal stuff that Sock Leng gave
Lilies that TS and WX gave
Only Smarties have the answer from Hong Wei
Gerbera from Chiaw Hong
Dragonfruit from TS and WX. God knows why they choose to give bizarre things haha
This mummy handphone strap is from Daniel

Thanks to all for those who came to support! And this is one of the most enjoyable concerts I ever had. =D Long live HSCCB! And the alumni, of course.

No comments: