Friday, June 23, 2006

A birthday

*coughs*

This is so ridiculous. So ridiculous.

Happy 19th birthday Erina!

Yes yes, may I have all the good returns in the whole wide world! =D

My tiny celebration at home...

A Blackforest cake from Sweet Talk
Aw. Isn't the ambience so right? My family laughed at me because I blew out all the candles just in one puff
Every year my arms just gets fatter and fatter as if all the space in the world belonged to them

Though there wasn't any birthday bash or anything - I never had one before so I'm rather indifferent to this - I am very very thankful to all those who remembered what June 23 is about!

It's another birthday...time flies! Just a year ago it was a slightly different group of people were wishing and some sort of celebrating with me. It's quite saddening when people you expected to remember will forget your birthday la...........ya so I'm quite disappointed lo. Yet so happy that there are people whom I didn't expect but they remembered my birthday nevertheless. Or it's like someone else reminded them but anyway...yep.

I wanted to yell on this blog and voice out my disappointment but I think I better not la. When I scroll back to look at this post again next year I shall forget what I was grumbling about! So don't mention any sad things here. Yes don't mention. *breathes deeply* And thank you Alvin for listening to me.


This Reebok Gym jacket is from Daniel, Ee Yan, Tsz Shan and Wei Xiong. 多谢了!At first when I got the present from Dan I was like, 'Eh, this wrapper looks just like the one used to wrap your present from the trombones!' 'Ah ah look closely it's different.' 'Oh ya.' My wrapper has got more Happy Birthdays printed compared to Daniel's wrapper the other time.

And when I got home and settled down more or less I look out the present and unwrapped it to find a jacket inside, no surprise! Because Dan already asked me a few days ago if I needed a jacket and I said not really and he said things more or less settled so you know I know that it's a gift that we're talking about. Haha.

On the plastic wrapper of the jacket there was this sticker telling you the colour of the jacket etc. I saw 'Size: XL' I was like, thanks ah, you know my size so well. Haha and when I brought the jacket in front of me it's like, yep, thanks a lot guys, I appreciate this. And so I tried wearing it and saw myself in the mirror. 'WAH!!!' was my exclamation. Really nice leh! Haha really like it. Fits as if it's tailored for me (yea right). Thanks so much!


Alvin went to meet me after work yesterday and passed me something else...it's a plush flower with the words 'Happy Birthday' on it and a lion with magnets on its limbs and tummy dangling on the flower's stalk. Damm cute la.


Wheee...
...eeee...!

How did I think of such a childish way to portray the flower and the lion?

Ah I must have been too traumatised by ageing I wanna stay at age 8.

I was quite surprised to receive birthday cards this year actually...and I received two cards through snail mail yesterday. So happy. Both were from Shu Fang, my primary school best friend and Dexter, my Prudential advisor.


This is from Shufang

And this from Dexter

Alvin gave me this earlier this month and said it's also a birthday present...heh. My 26th lion

Ah...at the end of a birthday surely will have words of gratitude one.

I'd like to thank...

Ah Bean, Ma and Kor who celebrated my birthday with a nice cake...
Ma for singing a birthday song for me...
Yi Xin for wishing me at a special time of 2306 hrs today because it coincides with my birthdate, 2306...
Daniel, Ee Yan, Tsz Shan and Wei Xiong for the lovely jacket...
Shufang and Dexter for their cards...
Alvin for calling me in the morning to sing a birthday song, and all his presents and concern...
Daniel and Dexter who gave their birthday greetings on June 22...
Sock Leng, Hwee Lee, Kai Yan and Jorcelyn for wishing me in the wee hours of the morning...
Sam who wished me happy 18th birthday instead, but still thanks, nevertheless...
Shun Wei, Shi Hui, my sister, Felix, Hong Wei and Ah Bean for wishing me in the morning...
Joan, Jie Ying, Tsz Shan and Bao Lun for wishing in the afternoon...
my sister who called and sang a birthday song in the evening...
Alvin for being around on the day of my birthday to let me know that someone bothers to come out specially for me...
Benny, Cedric, Kimberly, Jing Yi, Joel Tan, Xue Li and Ju Ling for wishing at night...
Pei Ling who wished me when I wished her which is so amusing...
Kegan Tan, Pei Wen, Wee Kiat and Grace Lee who wished me a day too late but still I appreciate...
many others who wished days later...
and everyone else who made me a happy girl!

So touching. Haha.

No comments: