Saturday, June 03, 2006

Philharmonic Winds concert

Went to the Philharmonic Winds concert with Felix, Kai Yan and Hong Wei at the Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay.

I was quite looking forward to the concert actually...met Aaron (who is a member of PhilWinds) to get the tickets from him on Thursday night, and we sat down at the bus stop around my place and chatted that for an hour plus. Caught up with his life lately, and spring arrived for several of those guys. No wonder we hardly contact liao. Haha. And Aaron told me that the tuba choir thing is nothing much one..that disappointed a bit lo.

And the tuba choir is really nothing one! Wah it's like, the tuba parts didn't even sing! It was just some playing like some other tuba piece lo hahaha nothing much. The piece is Symphony No. 2 by Robert Casteels, the conductor of PhilWinds himself. Got electric guitar (till now I still dunno what part it played), yang qin and pipa and the classical guitar. Also violins and cellos and a double bass.

The best part is this trombonist from the Netherlands. He's good ok! I love his tone, very full, very rich not like the typical trombone tones I hear in Singapore. His own encore is also very impressive, he played this jazzy number all by himself, and he also played those two notes at a time, which is like, master liao la! Hahaa...I forgot what the technique is termed as, but it's really the limit man. Like you can hear a low note and a higher note come out of his trombone at the same time. It's something like you play a note and you sing the other la, which is like almost impossible for dear Erina.

After the concert I met Aaron and Mr. Louis Yeo...so sad! Mr Yeo is going off to Miami for further tuba studies and will be there for a few years...sigh. And on Thursday night Aaron also said after Nafa and NS he'll be seeking some scholarships to study in America too. Everyone's going overseas! Didn't go for dinner with them, and went with Felix they all instead.

Felix suggested to go to Carl's Jr. for supper...I've never tried before, so I'm ok with it.

Ultimately...cannot say that I regret la...but...a bit too much for me hahaha.

Free-flow drink
Criss-cut fries
My burger - it's huge - the Charboiled Chicken Club
I merely asked for more veggies and this is what I got...

And this whole meal cost me a hefty $11.60!

T_T

My pay is very little already...

But I had fun la really, like won't get to go out with the guys anymore soon since they gonna prep for their A levels. Sigh. After that they going NS.
Band won't be as fun anymore lo. Like how many more years gotta pass before we can all really sit down and play together again.

What I really remember about tonight is when Felix asks Hong Wei 'You don't love me anymore is it?' Maybe it doesn't tickle you but I find it very funny. Ha. Dunno la.

Took some hilarious videos with Felix in it...hahaha really damm funny! I thought of putting it here...but scared later on youtube.com someone else finds the video then like very what you know so I think better not. Haha.

Must be feeling relieved right Felix? Hahhaa....just hope that we can come out again and have fun...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Naa... how're you?
Wahahaha.. anyway the in eva longoria post.. the blonde is avril lavgne. =)
See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»