Thursday, June 15, 2006

Early celebration for D-Day

D-Day as in Dads' Day.

My family and I went to my sister's workplace, Traders' Hotel, for a buffet dinner which cost us around $123. 50% off because my sister works there.

Ah but I forgot to bring my camera so wasn't that enthu about taking photos for almost everything which is my habit. So took only a few with the camera in-built into my cell phone. 随便啦。

Enjoyed the food, ate till I was extremely bloated. I know it's an unhealthy way to eat...but...I don't go for hotel buffet all the time ma. *consoling myself*

And I'm going to put on weight. A lot a lot a lot of weight and I'm not dieting nor eating healthily. Haha. Die! Gonna be overweight soon. Watch out for the difference people.

I started with the main course instead of some appetiser actually. So took a bit of this and that and this is what I had.


And I saw lobsters and Alaskan crabs there!!! I ate a lot of lobsters lo. Heh. Don't get to try them at most typical buffets ma so I ate them. They were cooked plainly, and you eat it with some cocktail sauce or any other thing of your choice. Because they weren't that tasty. They were tasteless so it'd be better to go with some salad dressing.

Alaskan crab on the left, lobsters on the right

We had a lot of good service because a lot of the chefs knew my sister and they will give us some complimentary food lo. Like 饺子 and the sort. But I didn't taste any of those dumplings, my family ate them up and didn't leave any for me. And the service was ultra good to the extent that they cleared my plates when I haven't even finished the food. Look who's wasting?

Then my sister asked if we wanted ramen, and I followed her to order from the chef who did the cooking. He was really speedy with the cooking. And there was a live demo too.

This is something called the 刀削面 if I'm not wrong...the chef merely cut strips out of the dough skillfully
If you look at the direction from the dough to the 'sink', you'll see something twirling...it's a strip of dough that was too fast for my camera to capture. Skill eh?
He was just nudging a lump of dough and pull and stretch and ta-daa the noodles are done. All of equal thickness. Pro! And it happened right before my very eyes~!

This is ramen in braised pork gravy
Braised duck
This is my favourite! Just chicken soup and shredded chicken and noodles! The soup is invincible. Damm nice!

And of course other than these I still ate a lot of other things...

Two chefs walked around several times with a skewer that had barbecued meat on it. Sometimes we had sausages, lamb, pork rib, ham...quite special to eat this way since I never try before.

I had hot tea too.

For dessert there was this Durian Fan Cake, omg, it's damm nice!!! Ya la everything is nice la. No except for the lamb 'cos I never liked mutton. But the dessert is really special..this chef made new waffles for us lo..those in the plate are cold already..and he gave us ice-cream on top of it too! Heh. I just ate and ate and ate.

Of course there were fruits but I didn't have enough space for it. Had only a few slices here and there.

And we took a cab home! Happy about that. Traders' Hotel is very far from Orchard MRT station and I was particularly lazy to walk. Hahaha.

Yep. An early Fathers' Day for dear Ah Bean. (Ah Bean, or 阿豆, is what I call my dad at home)

No comments: