Monday, July 02, 2007

Marching

I didn't think much of the marching segment of the festival. Till I experienced it just now and got to know what this festival is all about.
The entire town was involved! It was a very vibrant event I could feel all the enthusiasm of the Besana people.
Though it was quite a long march, it was pretty interesting with all the sights. We marched on the roads (it was somewhat like how roads would be blocked for Chingay) and passed by residential areas where people stood by the sides of the roads or they waved and clapped from their balconies.
Ahhhh. So shiok.
It was quite a big event that the Italian media came and reported on the event. I saw the news during dinner at my host's place just now and irritatingly they didn't show the NUSWS at all. Pissed!
Whahaha.
Will blog more about this when I come back.
I'm actually blogging from the festival's information centre. Heh.
Erina in Besana.

No comments: