Sunday, February 04, 2007

Italy, here I come!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

I just got the news that NUSWS is selected for the 13th International Band Festival Besana Brianza in Italy come June!!! YEAY! (Happily celebrate a Big Two birthday and leave for Italy for 'retirement')

I hope I can go! Please please please make sure I can go! That'll be a lifetime experience for me!

Wah! So excited!

~~~~~

Dear Yoke Khee,


we have finally received the CD with information about the NUS wind Symphony, photos and recording.

Please take note that the complete address of our association/band is:

CORPO MUSICALE S. CECILIA BESANA
Via Manzoni, 21
20045 BESANA IN BRIANZA (MI)
ITALY

Your documentation has been examined by our Technical Committee, and herewith we are pleased to

CONFIRM YOU THAT YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR 13th INTERNATIONAL BAND FESTIVAL

that will be held from June 29th until July 5th, 2007.

~~~~~

I'm coming, I'm coming!

And at the same time I hope I can get some tuba merchandise from there~! Haha. Buy like mad. No. Must save up. Yes must start saving up even more!

~~~~~

An introduction to the festival from its website:

CORPO MUSICALE S. CECILIA BESANA BRIANZA

13TH INTERNATIONAL BAND FESTIVAL
BESANA BRIANZA

The organisation of the 13th International Band Festival Besana Brianza has started !

The next edition will will take place at the end of June 2007.

In the coming months the Organising Committee of the Festival is going to value applications from Italian and foreign concert bands, brass bands, marching bands.

The past edition 2005 has been a great success and received general appreciation for the high musical standard of the participating bands:

800 musicians from all over the world performing in our square
more than 3000 spectators every evening
an audience of over 60000 persons at the Festival
400 volunteers
80 hosting families
30 hours of live recorded music
30 evening concerts organised in our area
1 new and absolutely amazing covered stage

…. for a 7 day Festival of wonderful music and show !

~~~~~

It's homestay! *Jumping* So interesting! *Shakes ass*

Quite fortunate that I decided to join NUSWS in year 1, if not I think I'd be missing this festival (and of course the people I got to know in the band).

I am so looking forward to this.

No comments: