Friday, February 23, 2007

往事只能回味

Two years ago, Wee Juay and I had this sketchbook we bought from the Popular bookstore at Whitesands to note down our journey together.

In it we stuck the receipts from the eateries that we went to, like Fish & Co. for my birthday, Kenny Rogers at East Coast Park, Pastamania at Tampines Mall for three-month anniversary etc. And Yoshinoya at Compass Point to signify our one-month anniversary. That was after band camp 2005. Haha.

There were also the ticket stubs from the movies we went to, like Swing Girls, My Boyfriend is Type B, War of the Worlds, and of course Hitch, the first movie we watched together.

Oh and the ticket stub from a play at the Esplanade. It was a school thing, but we went on a small 'date' after that. It was then that we really understood how we felt for each other, just that a conversation about it wasn't initiated in any way.

We penned down our first-whatevers in the book, took note of the important dates.

Long after everything ended, I threw the book away. At the basement 1 female toilet in Compass Point about a year ago. I dumped it because the hurt wouldn't go away and all I wanted to do was to forget.

However I wanna read it again now. Don't know what happened to the book, probably visited the incinerator already.

Kind of regretting, because I should have kept the book. A form of memories worth keeping. Now it's gone, gone, gone.

It's the bittersweetness when we were together that I miss.

1 comment:

eriko said...

女人总是在逝去的感情的某个阶段忽然逞强.谁没有在分开后想将所有他送过你的东西都还回去或毁掉.这是一种想让他知道没有他,我也能快乐的抗议.然而,逞强后的落寞却是那么后悔.

可是,当你能重新端详这一段回忆,细细回味,也算是生命历险的点点遗憾.就那么怀念罢了.