Sunday, October 01, 2006

Mixed feelings

Sometimes I just feel rather agitated why I chose math as my major in NUS. Mathematics in NUS is totally different from what I learnt in the past 10 years of my school life in Singapore. Too much proving for my liking, I must say. I don't remember evaluating much problems in my assignments but its just all proving, proving, and proving. Where's the solving for an answer part?

This makes me particularly miss my A levels C mathematics as well as O levels A math. Like math was much more interesting.

University level mathematics can be quite hard to get most of the time, and you can't help it if the lecturer talks non-stop regarding some proof that you haven't caught it since he was explaining it from the start, and what you'd be hearing will be just some gibberish that you don't understand. I get very irritated and sad and pissed with myself why I'm like that. Concentration span is a matter of seconds.

If I don't major in mathematics, what else can I do? I don't have any other particular interest that I'd take as a major though.

However when I revise my math and I get the hang of some parts of the proofs, I get rather elated. Not exactly that I can really do those questions already, but I understand why things are done this way or that way and sometimes I get quite amazed. Haha. But amazement certainly doesn't help me to be able to prove problems better.

ERiNA - The Precise Definition of LiMits.

Oh damn, give me a break. Zzz.

No comments: