Saturday, October 07, 2006

Hazy days and nights

Don't you just hate the haze?

Everywhere smells of charred ruins. Very irritating on the nasal and throat area.

Grrrrrr.

So that's why I'm very unhappy with Indonesia for this kind of air.

And those criminals who go around to burn forests illegally are really bastards. I won't apologise for the foul language because that describes them. Sounds nice already. They deserve a name worse than that.

Pissed with the air I cannot breathe properly now. Like I don't have enough oxygen in the air around me I kept yawning and feeling that I haven't yawned enough. Bloody hell.

You can check the PSI here.

"The highest PSI reading for the year was 130 at 10am on Saturday morning, and the all time high was 226 in 1997." -Channel NewsAsia

For some reason I didn't remember being bothered by the 1997 haze. I only remembered hoping that the haze would get worse so that I won't need to go to school.

"The latest satellite pictures showed there were 506 hotspots and thick smoke haze in Sumatra, mainly in Riau, Jambi and South Sumatra, and winds blowing in a southerly to southwesterly direction had brought smoke haze from southern Sumatra to Singapore.

Hundreds of firefighters in Indonesian Borneo, aided by police and volunteers, were Friday dousing illegal forest fires causing acrid haze that blanketed western parts of the island, officials in the neighbouring country said.

Indonesia's annual burn-off causes a haze that typically smothers parts of Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand as well as Indonesia itself."

Irritating forest fires. Irritating culprints. >=(

Though I do feel sorry for Indonesia as it is plagued by many many problems. The tsunamis, bird flu, many many.

These are what I saw on my way back home and back to hall.

On the way home. In Chai Chee
On the way to hall

Only the outline of the CBD can be seen
The Esplanade look like just two ovals of structure

Haze haze go away! Come again another.....no, don't come at all!

No comments: