Saturday, October 21, 2006

Fate brought us together

No, I'm not talking about any boyfriends. It's my hall mates that I'm talking about.

It's a small small world.

Well you meet people due to fate...and during the two months going three that I've been staying here, I spoke to people and got to know that we're connected in many many ways.

The other time I was at the lounge with Amy who lives four doors down and we were talking to her about my vacation job for StarHub. And so I calmly told her I was the i-mode promoter at Compass Point. And she jumped and I followed because she lives in Hougang and she must've seen me there before since she reacted that way! And I was like, 'DON'T TELL ME?!' Yes, I promoted to her and her friend before. I don't exactly remember how they looked like but I remembered because they were the few JC people going university people that I talked to.

And Amy said she was in the same class as Jia Qi before for a year! Though Jia Qi can't remember. Crazy girl. How come you don't remember your classmates. JQ was my MJC classmate.

During Science Orientation Week we had this Secret Pal game (further elaboration on the SOW post, but alas, I don't have the time) and the OG that we got our pals were from Sylvester. And guess what, Amy was in that OG! Just that she left the orientation after a day for Sheares Orientation.

And then Juli was from Xin Min Sec too and she played the clarinet then. So she knew Daniel Kiang too, who was a tuba player from there and he's a friend/acquaintance of mine. So there are the links.

Then I was looking at Edelina's Friendster photos, who was my colleague at Cartel last time, with Amy in my room. Then I saw a photo of Edelina and Juli together! Then I was like, how did they know each other?? Because they have been to different schools ma. Amy commented they looked alike but I don't really see the similarity. After that I thought for a while....and then recalled that Juli's full name is Juliana Phang and Edelina's surname is also Phang!!! So means they're sisters!!!! Haha.

And then Pin Ting, my primary school friend was telling me that her friend is in Sheares Hall too. And of all five blocks and about 500 people, her friend had to be Kai Juan living upstairs. They are ex-colleagues.

What many coincidences.

I'm waiting for more.

Oh, and something to crack you up. This is the maximum, really.



I'd have loved this lecturer too.

No comments: