Sunday, December 30, 2007

Across the Universe


Brilliant movie! I love that show.

Strawberry Fields Forever!

Hmm. This movie is about a love story between a British boy and an American girl.

Their soundtracks are all Beatles' songs, and the powerful thing is that the lyrics can fit into the situation and as dialogue too. So you gotta listen to the lyrics intently at the same time, so that you'll know what's going on.

So nice. It is much unlike Jay Chou's Secret where the leads spew mushy nothings to each other.

This movie is much smarter (oops) and is more serious actually. The characters in the show go through all kinds of hurt and happiness and you learn about their stories through music. The story took place during the revolution (I have little idea when it exactly is but I think it's about the 80's?).

However the show is a bit too long for such a story. About two hours?

I don't know how to describe to you, I'm not good at words at how good this movie is.

Just go watch the movie!

I think this movie isn't really well publicised, because when I went to watch the last two rows were empty except for my friend and I and there were groups of people in the middle few rows and that's it. I went there on a Sunday. Today. And there were so little people for a fabulous movie? No no.

NC-16, only at Cathay cinemas. Go watch!

No comments: