Monday, September 17, 2007

21st birthday

The most important birthdays of most people are their 1st and 21st birthdays. As to why, I have absolutely no idea.

I find it quite sad when I get to know people and they're past their 21st birthday already. 'Cos I have no chance to spend with them. But neverrrrr mind la.

Most like to celebrate their 21st birthday. Have some kind of parties and the like.

I don't know if I want one. I'll want one because I didn't get to plan my 1st birthday party (did I even have one?) and I am sane (not that I was insane when I was a year old) enough to organise one.

But what can I do? Plan chalet, everyone comes and sings birthday song and cut cake and give presents. A bit......too normal =P

I can't think of anything outstanding to do, so I'll shelf this celebration idea for now. Doesn't matter if I don't blow up the importance of the birthday. I've never really celebrated my birthday properly anyway, as in, the kind where I'll do all the preparations and invite people to come over and sing for me. (But all the lovely celebrations you guys did, thanks so much =D)

However I wanna request for a birthday present this time. Muahahaa. It just came into my mind all of a sudden when I was having dinner.

I want a real oven. A big one. The kind where you have in your kitchen under the stove.

Because I haven't baked for real. I used the microwave oven and it's so bu shuang. Just so odd to see the cookies spinning inside the microwave and...maybe getting treated radially in the wrong way.

I want to bake. Pies, lasagna, tarts, cookies, maybe cakes (but I don't really like cakes, so), and experiment. And bake chicken, fish, etc. Ooh-la-la! Even if the taste don't come out well I have something to practise with. 'Cos I'm sick of steam, fry, pan-fry, reheat, whatsoever. No kick.

I'm sooo going to request this to my parents. Even if they don't want to pay I'll pay for myself but I'll always need permission regarding the space. My dad is the 'everything-at-home-is-my-property' kind of guy (which I'll always rebut that he's free to take my pads) so I have to get his permission first.

But getting such an oven will mean overhauling the entire stove. Which is costly. And I like the present stove. Easy to control. How now brown cow?

I want an oven!

No comments: