Monday, March 19, 2007

InTempo 2007 - The Aftermath

I'm more light-hearted after the concert, since the pressure is more or less gone.

Heh.

I don't know how to describe my feelings now.

InTempo was great, one of the best concerts that I've ever performed in all my 7 years in band. Probably because it was the technical difficulty of the pieces that I felt I achieved something bigger than before. A hefty sense of satisfaction, I must say. Though I played a lot of wrong notes - at least ten per piece - I still felt....undescribable. Haha. 爽呆了。Some pieces really made us go high, but of course since the repertoire was filled with great pieces.

Kudos to Mr Leonard Tan, our conductor, for his very good skills in guiding us. His choice of repertoire, his expressions, etc. First time that I had a conductor who danced on the podium. =\

My NUSWS tuba section, Hui Shan, Derek, Daniel, Yong Kiat and Wei Ping and the alumni Si Seng. You people made my time at NUSWS a surprisingly enjoyable one. I really enjoyed myself, like I could just fit in so easily. Must be me actually. Ahhh kidding kidding.

Hui Shan, thank you that I have you because I'd be sticking to Daniel and XH may get jealous. Whahaha. No la, thank you that I have you to stick around with. Heh. For the company, the extra information , the laughters, joys and the genuine laughter at my not-funny-at-all crap. For the 爱心牛奶,爱心药,and 爱心honey stars + marshmallows. Be there next semester hor.

Derek, what a crap of an SL you are. I'm sure Daniel will be a damn good SL =P Whahaha, no laaaaa. You're a totally different kind of SL that I didn't think I'd ever meet. You don't seem serious but in fact you are; you gave me the I-heck-care impression but you actually fulfilled your responsibilities. And come on time for band! Quit puffing! You may/may not be missed when you're in percussion next semester.

Dear Daniel, you're gonna be the principle player! Means my SL for the second time! Like I predicted =P. This is going to bring back Hai Sing memories again. But no, I'm not going to call you Kang-kor-kor, which is damn gross at this age. OK, to celebrate your new position do give me a treat. And of course, thanks to your presence in NUSWS that I needn't worry about feeling lonely at first. And it is also through you that I got to know many people in NUSWS, thank you!

Yong Kiat, stop MIA-ing! You're not going to come back next sem? Serious? You gotta come back! And yes, thank you for all your lame shit to bring some 'humour' into the section. -_- Eh, do come back next sem!

Wei Ping, good thing that your arms are long enough to put the mute for Poema yourself, if not I wouldn't have time to put in both mutes at the same time. Haha. And talking to me when Hui Shan wasn't around! It was nice knowing you! And are you going to stay on next semester! Come back come back!

Si Seng, thanks to Yong Kiat and you for playing the first few bars of Poema so at least there were tubas at that part!

It was damn great to meet all of you, it made my life in NUS even more colourful.

I think I'd feel like I'm in a totally new section if people who were in my section for InTempo 2007 will be gone next semester. =C

And the many many people that I got to know, too many to be named. I love you all =)

There were a lot of good feedback regarding Soaring Over the Ridges, the 1st Alps piece we played. Heh. I guess when it got to Poema, we were already too tired. On the whole I heard the concert was actually quite good, there were also compliments from non-band people. Thank you all very much.

Thanks to Dad, Mum, Bro, Ai Lin, Jesse, Yi Xin, Sock Leng, Jie Ying, Daphne, Jun Wen, Cedric, Amy, Zhi Long, Adeline, Felix, Hong Wei, Juli and her friend, Yin Xuan, Shu Ling, James and his wife, Li Hong, Kai Ling, Jonathan and all others for coming to the concert! And to those who didn't come, you missed out on a damn good concert la. Haha.

Anyway, I'm happy in NUSWS. Really. There were minor hiccups of course, but mostly, my time there was really fun. Band camp was a plus, that's how I got to know most of my friends there. Time flies, I only knew you people for almost three months, but it seemed like I've performed with you people many many times. It was because of you people that made me feel unafraid to play, I felt comfortable. I like going for band practices even though there were much opportunity cost to calculate. =P

Oh and my parents didn't doze off during the concert.

Ya and the photos that you all want, can get it from here.

I need to get a pair of comfortable black shoes for performances. The pair I wore was disgustingly uncomfortable, distracting me for the entire concert. =(

Thanks to anyone and everyone who made this wonderful concert possible, a concert that I cannot get enough of, a concert that made me keep looking back, a concert that made me want to enjoy all over again.

This album is powered by BubbleShare - Add to my blog

No comments: