Thursday, March 29, 2007

Hmmph.

I really should leave blogs alone and study reeeaaaalllll hard.

Currently brainstorming for an essay that I've got to submit by this weekend. My topic is something about the intersection between science and the arts. It's pretty agonising because the module Freshman Seminar is an S/U module, so you know, when you don't have time, just don't put too much time and effort. However this essay I've got to write conscientiously because our essays will be sent to The Straits Times editor-in-chief to choose one of our essays to publish. My point is not to get my essay published, my point is not to tarnish NUS' image to too large an extent. You know, when your work is as if it is NUS' work.

The deadline is the midnight of this Sunday. But I'm not sure if midnight of Sundays mean the 12 a.m. between Saturday and Sunday or the midnight between Sunday and Monday. The submission folder is still kept open after the midnight between Sat and Sun of our previous assignment. And then I realise, the folder never closes -_- So it is hard for me to determine the deadline. I shouldn't do last minute work, but I have been doing last minute work. Thus deadlines are as important as snoozes are to me.

But snoozes have been failing me (I have two clocks waking me up to no avail recently). I overslept for a tutorial today, so I have to go for another tutorial tomorrow. If I woke up on time, I'd be able to end lessons at 10 a.m instead of 1 p.m. =C

So I got my punishment.

Anyway, I went to check - while I was distracted from studies, like 99% of the time - the temperatures and currency of Italy. In mid-year while we'll be in Italy, it'll be their summer time if I'm not wrong, the temperature is at about 26 deg C, which is the hottest all year round. So it'll be relatively cooling la. Good enough. I don't want it to be too hot. I'm unsure about the currency, dunno if it's Euros or the Italian Lira.

1.00 ITL = 0.001045 SGD and 1.00 EUR = 2.023057 SGD. If things are in Lira there then calculations will be rather complicated. For Euros we just have to times 2 to get the approximate price in SGD.

OK la, that's all.

No comments: