Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Weekend

Now for recording what happened during the last weekend.

Friday

Lectures ended at 2 p.m. on Friday, and after that I followed Wilson and Daniel Liu to The Deck for my first ever new-arts-canteen meal. I ordered seafood hor fun from the Claypot stall and my, it tasted good. Just a bit burnt at the bottom. Next time I wanna try my long-missed yong tau foo. Wilson and Daniel ordered stuff from the Sichuan stall and I can see that their meals were quite bad. They didn't enjoy at all! So even though I haven't tried anything from the Sichuan stall, I'm never going to. Haha. Oh after yong tau foo I wanna have the Japanese Cuisine.

Wanted to crash the geometry lecture, since from the way Wilson described, I should really make my way down and take a look at the weird lecturer. Haha. But then I was meeting Daniel Kang (arghh, two Daniels in one post) at 1730 at Buona Vista MRT, I can't possibly leave the no-break lecture in the middle. So weird, plus my friends taking that module sit in the first row -_-. So quite sad that I can't join in the lecture. I need to see how the module is like as well, could be taking it. Could. But I don't know if it is of use to me in my career path.

Anyway, met DanK (who was late) and Hui Shan at BV MRT, and we made our way to Marina Square to meet Nick, Christopher, Zi-Xian and Rui Xiang for dinner. At Pasta De Waraku. The food there is quite good! I was very attracted by the restaurant's display. We also shared two pizzas, which were realll good. The crust is like.....just a thin piece of crispy paper! I love this. And the pizza was very cheesy. Because of this, we had difficulty keeping the prawns and scallops and so on on top of the pizza. DanK had his prawn or something flowing off the pizza with the slimy cheese. Haha. In simple terms, just good. Do try it if you ever enter the restaurant.

There were many many plates of faux pasta they displayed at the window. Those models showed you clearly how the different pasta look like, and you can actually choose what you want from there. They just make you wanna go in and try.

The display along the corridor
And the fake desserts!! My so heavenly
Lobster pasta, anyone?
What I'm holding on to is a piece of pizza. Look at how thin the crust is!

The pasta that I ordered. Seafood (I just had seafood hor fun at the Deck -_-). And I hate mussels and I forced the three mussels down my throat, because I think I ought to start eating things that I don't like. (I'm adjusting pretty well to tomatoes) And the mussels still tasted gross to me. Haha.

And then it was dessert! Hui Shan and I shared a Tiramisu Parfait. And it tasted not bad, and looked pretty! Haha. The tiramisu was very soft.

Don't envy us! =D
Tiramisu Parfait - close-up

This Aladdin lamp held the curry for Rui Xiang's rice. You can see Nick, myself and Hui Shan in the reflection haha
Optical illusion (yea right =D). Nick feeding Christopher water

To me my pasta was quite alright la. But Nick loved the pasta he ordered.

And some advice: prepare more cash and go in small groups.

I spent $27 plus on myself. =(

Just waiting for a table for six on a Friday night took us from 1830 (the guy told us to come back at 1900) to about 1945 before we finally manage to get our seats. Whereas those people who came in pairs got their tables after a bit of waiting time. It's logical.

~~~~~

Saturday
Went for HSC alumni practice in the morning. The turn out was pretty alright for a first practice, and there was this really looong ago senior who came back and played as well. Practice was alright. And I must say, the tuba section with DanK, Chiaw Hong and me, was is damn zai. =P We sounded good.

After practice I went to eat at Downtown East, had nice Chicken Rice from Mr. Chicken Nice, and finally had the Mr. Bean's ice-cream.

Went to replace my NUS ezlink. While I was queuing there was this teen girl in front of me, accompanied by her guy friend. They were playing songs out of his W800i, and singing along. For some reason the guy commented, 'I'm tenor'. And unexpectedly the girl raised both her arms and showed the guy. I didn't get what the girl was doing at first, till the guy said 'I'm tenor, do you know what's tenor?' And the girl shook her head. Then I realised that she thought the guy said he was 'tanner'. *faint* Haha. Never mind.

Went home, bummed around, and my dad asked me to accompany him to CGH to visit my relative. But he didn't say the relative is in the ICU.

And the experience at the ICU was very very horrible.

Sigh.

I'm not going to talk about that again.

~~~~~

Sunday
Woke up and left for Mus'art. Almost fainted when I read the score. Internal Combustion. Argh. Kept coming in at the wrong time, and felt damn lousy. I don't know why I hardly feel this way in NUSWS. =\

I need to get a nice, red (because I like) umbrella. And hopefully quite light. I haven't got an umbrella of my own ever since I threw one away in Berlin. It has been raining quite often lately, and on Sunday I couldn't leave the community centre because I had no umbrella! It was raining very heavily when practice ended.

I tried Yin Xuan's new second-hand Perantucci tuba. Piangs! Sounded damn good, damn smooth and my notes flowed nicely! No wonder Yin Xuan sounded better this practice, I thought he improved so much after 6 months of not hearing him! Cheyyy. Hahaha. But he said C tubas usually sound better than Bb tubas. I dunno. One day I'll try the C tuba in MJ.

Thank goodness my dad was driving my sister home to Choa Chu Kang and they could make a trip down to Jurong as well. Phew. But I waited for about an hour for them to come. We went for dinner, then my mum was mumbling something about the movie 881. And then came the last minute decision of going to watch the movie. So on, my parents. But we went home to bathe and booked the tickets first. Haha. The movie was quite alright, but I must admit, the effects were extremely lame. I don't know why Royston Tan could allow/come up with something like that, but well, solely for entertainment purposes. I rolled my eyes at some parts of the movie. Haha, too corny. =P But the songs were good! I loved like every one of them.

What's a good movie without good snacks? A fan of this since I was J1
My parents flashing the victory sign in the cinema

The end.

No comments: