Tuesday, August 21, 2007

CL2280 Basic Translation 基础翻译

Whaha, I think I always take killer modules which explains my CAPS. However, I enjoy those killer modules. Just that I don't score well for them. Not at all.

Saya berfikir, saya tak akan guna Bahasa Melayu menulis blog saya. Kerana sekarang saya ambil modul Penterjemahan yang dasar, modul ini guna Bahasa Cina dan Bahasa Inggeris. Jadi, saya mesti guna lebih Bahasa Cina dan Inggeris. Awak tahu saya guna kamus untuk perenggan ini. (I think I will not use Malay to write my blog (for now), because I'm currently taking the Basic Translation module which uses Chinese and English. Therefore I must use more Chinese and English. You know I was using a dictionary to write this paragraph. Heh)


Doing the CL2280 homework is quite a hurricane (not a breeze) and sometimes I laugh at myself, like how I laugh when I wrote my Malay essays. There are a few questions that I just completed and must talk to you about.

Success is often just an idea away.
译:成功往往只需一个主意。

I should just not do the question. Haha. My answer is soooo weird.

His wife kept dinning in his ears about his idleness, his carelessness and the ruin he brought on his family.
他整天游手好闲,常常粗心大意,又给全家带来惨祸。这是妻子不停地在他耳边唠叨。

HAHA.

Oh but there's one here I think I wrote quite a good translation of, without any help at all.

The preparations for the celebration are being made.
庆祝活动的准备工作正在进行


Yeah, I think it sounded not bad! In the first place, the English sentence that was given was already a bit weird.

There's this killer among the 16 questions:

Modesty helps one go forward whereas conceit makes one lag behind.

How will you want to translate it??

I did this: 谦虚使人更上一层楼,幻想则是人落后.

Haha, sounds so amateur.

I shall not go until he comes.

This, I thought, was easy. 他不来我不去!

Whahahaha, of course I didn't put that though I thought it makes sense too. So I did 他不来,我就不走!

I'm sure there're more absurd ones to come. Difficult but interesting and engaging homework.

洁莹,不要笑我了.

EDIT
These are the suggested answers for the
"Modesty helps one go forward whereas conceit makes one lag behind."

人因虚心而进步,因骄傲而落后。
虚心则进步,骄傲则落后。
满招损、谦受益。

Why you all so pro one? =(

No comments: