Monday, December 05, 2005

abace la noche

PROM!
pre-pre-prom

sth happened when i was at the bus stop waiting for the bus (oh no you go to the bus stop to wait for the mrt). im just gonna talk about it.

i was at the bus stop just downstairs when this old lady (ah mm) came along and asked this old man (ah pek) why he was sitting at the bus stop. i suppose they know each other. i overheard (or you should say eavesdrop) the ah pek saying that he fell down while he tried to cross the road and lost his glasses and a lighter, so said to be at the other end of the road. the fully white haired ah mm then crossed the road to the other side to search for the lost items. her daughter came and asked her what she was doing, and helped a bit reluctantly...eventually that unkind daughter simply walked back to the bus stop and waited for the bus, ignoring the plight that the ah pek has. both women couldnt find anything though. the ah pek hobbled to the other side of the road and found his lighter, but his glasses were nowhere to be found. the two people then tried to cross the roads, but only the ah mm was around to help him cross. the latter has trouble walking, and even has problems to balance himself while standing up. he just kept swaying backwards.

and you all ask what am i doing there watching a drama right? ya i went to help them..though it crossed my mind that im risking with missing my bus. i waited for quite some time already anyway.

i was like, 'ah pek, le dey chuay si mi?' i.e. 'ah pek, what are you looking for?' in hokkien. then i helped him search and me myself also couldnt find the glasses.

after that the ah mm and i helped the ah pek cross the road and then helped him to his lift lobby. along the way, i heard a bus coming. i got a feeling i'll be late for my hair appointment. sigh. the ah pek kept telling us 'paiseh, paiseh' and i kept telling him 'bian paiseh la'. after sending him to his lift lobby, he thanked us and i hurried to the bus stop. luckily a bus came.

thought i had done a good deed and the guy up there would be smiling at me, but like sad ah before i reach kimage at funan i already got blisters. siGh. and the Za concealer that i wanted to buy was out of stock at metro tamp and watson's. so i gave up trying to find since i was running short of time and my feet hurt. the appointment with yang yang (my hairdresser) at 3pm. die la.

pre-prom
reached kimage at about 1510 hrs. lucky yang yang did not flare up. still very enthu to help me do my hair haha. at first was afraid cos the hairstyle may turn out to be not me. like too trendy and daring. but must dare to try =D
so this is the result:

took these photos in the toilet
goodness i look so retarded
spent $46.50 on this hairdo. ouch.

after i left kimage i found the concealer i wanted at watson's. so bought it and went to the taxi stand for a cab. the uncle like very young leh. and he keep talking to me haha. called anusha when i reached holiday inn the atrium cos i couldnt press the 26th floor in the lift. like stupid lo this is some high class hotel of cos you need the card key. the suite was quite high class but considered small for a suite. only 1 bedroom lo. but maybe this is what anusha asked for. haha. its the asean suite btw. took some photos of the evening scenery.
these are the view of outside the suite


and more of my hair
weiwen, me
weiwen, me, peiwen
me, shihui
jorcelyn, me, peiwen, shihui

i began putting on make up and change into my dress. so exciting. i took ultra long just to put on the make up lo. irritating. haha. slow leh me. moreover i was so slow in preparation that i had to make jorce's dad, who was driving us to fullerton, wait. im so sorry leh uncle! i didnt keep wiping off the make up and put it back or what lo. heH. yixin said my make up is good, looked as if some make up artist made up for me. yeaY.

prom
upon reaching, we took pictures outside fullerton. i spoilt my own image by revealing my fats. haha btw the scenery surrounding the singapore river inclusive is quite nice at that hour..its at 6pm plus when we arrived.

haha i look so malay here..no flash ma
bao lun, me
me, weiwen
ww, me, pw, jorce, sh
peiwen, weiwen
pw, jorce
nice view of the buildings included
from the outside of fullerton
shunwei, pw
shihui, pw
evening scenery of the singapore river
the lamp at cavanagh bridge
me, ww
more nice views

we entered the hotel, and took pictures outside the ballroom.
cheryl, me me, huiying me, ww me, pw me, fabian. he's a j1 student councillor who took part in organising prom for the j2s, that was why he was there. me, grace sh, me pw, ww, me, sh, jorce me in the unflattering dress and ugly pose. dunno who asked me to pose this way. my legs too far apart..so unglam! arGh! ww, pw pw, hy grace, pw cheryl, pw me, jingyi me, rathika yanzhu, me. lucky cannot see his face properly, he was giving that obliging look. me, hidayah. my mum said she looked like diana ser. i think a bit only la. the candle as deco on table 28. also including the nomination of prom king and queen. and the programme. jorce and me at the fullerton toilet a view of the ballroom. nice eh? the balloons were taped to the chairs. quite unglam, but invisible if you dont notice. an overview of the ballroom weile, me. me, benny me, yanru eunice, me irda, adibah, me
me in my specs
pw, ww

anusha, me lily, shunwei, me me, siok wei. she was asked on stage for some unglam activities haha..so funny..
ww, me
me, anusha, pw, ww, hidayah, marie
peiling, me sh, johanna, me jy wearing my specs me, junyang me, juling me, benjamin me, naoto me, joseph me, wang quan joel, me. why am i suddenly shorter than joel? cos i half squatted. haha. sh, me
junyi, me
me, anwar me, marie me, junwen

post prom
after dinner, we continued taking photos haha. the clicking and flashing never stopped.
me, hy and sh-the haising population of s309 us girls =)
me, sh pretending to be demure
eugene, me
me, and the xmas tree. you wanna buy a ball? i was trying to imitate something. this is very extra, but compare and contrast with the picture above. a slanted view of my hair trying to be sleeping beauties, alas for the thickness of my lips a view of my hair from top. cant see the silver roses clearly. me posing on the steps as if i was going some big thing, in fact i was on the way back haha. me, sh the large pillars at the fullerton pw and ww sleeping at this area..some sort of a waiting area for guests.

me, irda. dunno who took this when we reached holiday inn. the lifts there.
me, sh, jorce, adibah, marie, pw and ww. irda was supposed to be there but she was taking the picture.
ww, me at the lift lobby of holiday inn
which floor? im the lift woman
a picture of the night landscape
the suite. so messy huh.
another night view


the table where we had our chips and vodka and coke.


AAAHHH!!
we were raped. yea right
pw, me, ww

after the dinner, we decided not to go anywhere for post prom..by the time prom finished it was like 1 to 2 am i think..moreover i dont drink nor dance, so going clubbing is no point for me...went there last time but in the end didnt enjoy it. so we went back to holiday inn..grace, anusha and kayjal went to buy some vodka and coke while the rest of us made our way to holiday inn first. when we reached there, there were quite a number of tourists i dunno if they are chinese national or what...but they kept staring at us. i think its cos of the way we dress la. haha. then we took photos at the lobby too..the bell boy is cute. but didnt have the chance to take a photo with him. siGh.

when the 3 who went to get drinks were back, grace started drinking quite a lot of vodka and she was so red! her face was like blushing even though she wasnt haha...i heard from peiwen that she was super drunk and kept puking.

i had to go at 4am while the rest of the girls stayed till daylight cos need to report to school at 6am for genting..so sad to miss out all the post prom fun but am so thrilled for the genting trip!
not a single glam-ness when i removed my make up. sigh

at least i had my hair on for more than 12 hrs..only bathed when i left holiday inn for home.

its like...a few people found my hair cool, haha some people didnt like it. a few liked my dress..but very very few though. no one really said i looked good. oh man. haha never mind la, its ok not to be pretty. i dont wanna be pretty and get unwanted attention ok. ee.
heH. will miss those who touched my lives in mjc, including the jnrs, and the band people. and especially, 04s309. love y'all.

more or less done with this blog. credits (photos) to pw, ww, sh and myself!

4 comments:

mamai said...

erinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!~ heehee. you looked soooooo sexaaaay at prom! nyahahaa! *mwahz*

Anonymous said...

ur ball room lk nice lo

erina said...

haha ya lo i find it nice also...got 3 of those big lights there. i dunno if you call those chandeliers. cos they dont look like the typical ones.

Anonymous said...

it is nice..yo guy try going to http://sabsapping.blogspot.com/
lets suppotr them..teir blog seem nice..