Saturday, March 28, 2009

The new wardrobe.

This is like, two to three months late. I'm extremely in blog-debt.

In mid-January this year my dad finally relented to my endless complains about the ugly wardrobe(s) of mine and brought me to the furniture store.

The wardrobes that were in my room were passed down from my sister and brother. Meaning, in the twenty years of my life,

OKAY, twenty ONE,

I've never had a wardrobe to call my own.

And yeay, we bought one! For nearly $900. Thanks so much mum and dad, I'm sorry I'm such an expensive daughter.

These are the old cupboards. Other than clothes, they stored my notes and linen and bags and other miscellaneous stuff.


And then.........it got removed! HAHA. Hurrah!!! Finally, the eyesore is gone!


And I mopped the floor.........anyway, it was quite disgusting. You see, my brother used to rear hamsters and sometimes they escape. So I saw something like a bed of newspaper strips that one of the hamsters made when it was hiding under my cupboard. That must have been many years back.

I suggest you people move your wardrobes here and there once in a while because you'll never know what lies in there.

This is why it's a good idea to have a walk-in wardrobe.


So one fine day the wardrobe came.


The guys have to move the parts over a longer distance to the lift lobby because of....


There was some repainting works going on.


I want to tell you guys about the new colours of my block. But I think I'll not. The ugly colours might just taint the beauty of my blog and you guys don't wanna read anymore.

So this is it!


Simple and pretty and elegant right. It looks a little too sleek for my room. But who cares.

This is the candy-like moth balls that my mum told me to put in the cupboard. And a few weeks later she said that my cupboard smelled too strongly of the moth balls as compared to my brother, who put charcoal and everything was dry and clean.

Tsk. She asked me to put the balls in one lo.


So I had to repack my stuff from the old cupboards into the new one. And along the way I found many treasures.

The bag that I ran away from home with, when I was little.


Stuff belonging to my uniformed school days.

PAP kindergarten name tag

I didn't use 'Erina' till around Primary 3. I suspect that they want me to identify with my Chinese name first.

Here's my Primary School name tag, along with the Young Scientist badges - astronomer and ornithologist - and this I Am Responsible badge. HAHA. Seriously. I don't know why I did ornithology, I don't like birds and I don't remember liking them.


Our name tags were in our house colours. I was from Green House a.k.a. Integrity House so my name tag was green.

I don't know where's my prefect tie. It was maroon with thin white diagonal stripes.

Here's stuff from my then ECA. Hey, we called it ECA in those days okay.

And they spelled my name as Lin Wan Ching Erina. Instead of Lim. Sometimes if they don't get your name right for once, they won't get it right ever. So I was officially Erina Lin for about three years.

Yucks. That sounds yucky. Haha.


I really can't remember what was done to earn those badges. If you're gonna ask, no, I didn't learn cycling to earn the My Journey badge.

On a sidenote, the Girls' Bridgade in my Primary School got shut. No more 29th COY in Yumin.

And then it was secondary school.


Apparently things were less badgy. The name tags were coloured by the batch I think. I really can't remember. I know I had a yellow name tag somewhere..but I lost it.







Oh here's a bonus for your eyes.

Here's me in kindergarten.


I really don't know why in the world they put us behind a red background, when parts of our gown are red! So it was like, parts of me were fused into the background. Like I don't have shoulders for nuts. At a corner of the trencher cap (is that what you call that?) was a red bunch of string. I don't know the term for that. But apparently you can't see it. Thanks to the red background which backfired.

Here's a closer look at cute mini me.


SO FAT.

I had a double chin. I hope I don't have them now.

Hey...was I...fair(er)?

And I love the spunky hairstyle.

Yea right.


Someone please tell me since when I was Lin Wanqin. That's not even my Chinese name in hanyu pinyin. Seriously.


That's my class photo. I can only remember two names because they were in my primary school and secondary school. And my teacher whose name is Mdm. Aishah.

I think.

No comments: