Sunday, March 08, 2009

Muffin. But from the mix.

On an early morning last week, I made some muffins.

From the mix.


I'm sorry, I know this is a sin. Well Betty Crocker is a nice lady to make things much easier for us, so why not?

I'll try to make muffins from scratch next time okay. I promise.

Made these muffins in the wee hours of 26 Feb, and I took more than a week to blog this. Well, I was too busy to blog about it and upload the photos etc. It's not that I'm free now, it's just that I don't want to do anything related to school. It spells S-I-A-N.

So I greased my lovely girlish heart-shaped baking cups.


Opened the can of real wild blueberries.



Yes yes, I know I spilled that thing. Well it was hard to remove the lid from the can opener, it was like, stuck. I'm not perfect you know. I like being imperfect and messy =D

And I took out the mixing bowl and in went the flour mixture from the box.


Then some vegetable oil.


Milk. And it was the freshest possible that I just opened it. The evidence is in the photo as well. =P


And then the eggs.


Stir stir stir.

Until you get a nice and neat looking batter.


But it was a little lumpy and I couldn't get rid of the siewhoons. (Jing Yi, maybe the batter needed some of your medication =P)

Since this is what was printed on the box,


heck!

Then I poured in the purple blueberries.


And after stirring they turned blue.



Put them into the
my greased lovely girlish heart-shaped baking cups. The amount was perfect for 12 muffins. As stated in the box.


And into the oven they went.

0256hrs

I set the heat according the the instructions on the box. Totally. I checked my measurements properly, preheated the oven to the required temperature and everything else.

0258hrs

Looking good!

0300hrs

0301hrs

0303hrs

The muffins were rising fast.

So fast that I didn't have time to react when...

0309hrs

...one of them belched. Can you see? The one in the middle at the back.


This is how the muffins should look like.


Sigh.

These are how mine look like.

The one in the middle at the back - I named it. And ate it.

The colours were all black. Let's go play football.

I followed the damned temperature, okay. And I took it out before the time stated on the box was up.

At least there was no burnt smell.


I really think it's time I should just NOT be stubborn and reduce the temperatures by a bit when I bake. Thanks to the angry oven.

And I thanked myself for taking the muffins out earlier.

Else this muffin would've risen and splashed down just like a wave on the beach.


Which happened to this one.


The one in the middle at the back.

I think I've learnt my lesson, so I tweaked the temperature down by 10 degrees C, and plonked the second batch in.

0322hrs

Everything was looking great until.............

0325hrs

Oh *expletive* man.

0325hrs - no no, please don't!

0326hrs - argh *expletives*!

Maybe turning down the temperature by 10 degrees wasn't sufficient.

Well at least the colours were slightly nicer, and I took this at a clever angle to hide the flaws...


...when in fact,


two muffins belched.


Nevertheless I picked that teeny bit out and ate it. Delish.

Though the colours are dark, they don't taste like they are charcoal-fied. I think it's still within the safe colour range.

So here are the friends I made that night.


Upon more looks, the colours aren't that bad la. Except for the two really black ones.


It was quite tasty, my folks liked them. I made 12, ~3 went to myself, (a little less than) 5 went to Really Charming - ah this is too cheesy to be published RC, and the rest went to my family. Mum said Ethan ate nearly one. Which is supposed to be a compliment, since Ethan likes it so much.

But Ethan eats everything.

Here's the inside. Yummy.


Here's the underside. If you're ever interested.


I know this post is quite a leap from the previous one. Between tasty food and what becomes of them. But still. =P

Hello Shi Hui a.k.a. Siew Hoon! Now you've gained some exposure on my blog! =D

No comments: