Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pro-China? Pro-Tibet?

I don't know about you, but I'm irritated with all the hype about freeing Tibet and 'Tibet and China are one' and things like that. They're all over the news and they keep reappearing with every stop the Olympic Torch went to.

I am sitting on the fence, but bending towards Tibet's independence. I don't know much about their politics, I can't be bothered to read about it, but I don't know why China is gripping a tight hold on Tibet. I just don't see the need. Like I said, I don't know.

Just let them go. What's your problem?

Don't let them go. What's your problem?

I recently saw my friend's (who is from China) MSN nickname and it said to protest against the independence of Tibet and Taiwan.

Why?

I am amazed by how patriotic the Chinese can be, no matter where they are.

Anyway, the Olympic torch relay was at Canberra this morning and the protests were pretty amazing.

Look at that! Sky writing! The amount of effort that they put in! Seriously.




Don't torch Tibet, they said.

No comments: