Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Accumulated rants

On my previous post I said I was tired at an unusual hour.

Aaahhh I see the reason. Because I woke up to a fever yesterday morning! So that was more like an indication that I was falling sick. Oh bother. And yes yes I'm sick. Tonsillitis.

Tonsillitis is an inflammation of the tonsils, the fleshy clusters of tissue on both sides of the back of the throat that fight off germs that enter the body through the mouth. The tonsils become enlarged and red, and can be coated with a yellow, gray, or white substance. An affected child typically has a sore throat, fever, swollen glands in the neck, and trouble swallowing.

So that explains the fever. And somewhat mild sore throat.

Fever! I hate fever. That's the illness that I never get any work done. I never get anything done the past two days. OK I did a little of my math tutorial due tomorrow on Monday night and I'm trying to complete the easy questions now, but I'm pretty sure I won't finish them on time. What's new.

And I got a quiz on Friday and I haven't got started on it! T_T The MC doesn't cover till Friday, so I'll still have to take the quiz. Hmmms. I think I'm gonna do damn badly this time.

I feel like sleeping already! =( I rather get a bad bout of flu than to get fever. *groan* Ohh the occasional body aches.

Skipped two lectures on Tuesday (oh shit) and another today. But I still turned up for my EL1101E tutorial today since we had to present some tasks in the tutorial. Got marks. And that's the last tutorial of the semester. (I actually didn't know what I was talking about, I bet no one was listening to but oh well) Oh, and I didn't regret making my way to school for that one hour tutorial. 'Cos I learnt that my group project was one of the two highest out of 12 groups. Yeay! I'm positive. *crosses fingers* Now I can only hope that my final exam will go smoothly, I might do well for this module! Pray for me.

In case you're wondering, I'll still go to school tmr. Can't afford to miss three days' worth of lessons! There was no Roger Poh this week at all (not that I miss him)!

While I was at the EL1101E tutorial today, there were amusing (to me) posters around the classroom, including the OHP -_- It was in pink and apparently my phone didn't catch it.


I just think it's amusing because you have to do so many things when there's an emergency.

Person 1: 'Oh noooo, got wrinkles! Help help!'
Person 2: 'Call 999!' *takes a look at Person 1's wrinkles*
Person 3: 'OK I'll call!' *fishes out his phone*
Person 2: *looks at the sign pasted all over the classroom* 'Oh shit you have to call Campus Security too!'
Person 3: 'Ahhhhhh so many to call!' *flustered* 'Oh no oh no which one should I call first??!!'

And so on. Of course things will be easier if there's Person 4, Person 5, Person 6, ... ... in the classroom.

Whatever.

Anyway, back to illnesses.

I didn't get any better today when I woke up, so Mum advised me to see the doctor. I was prescribed 4 kinds of medicine and lozenges. And one of the medicines I got looks like this!


So cuuuuute!

No comments: