Thursday, April 03, 2008

Onboard the schoolbus

I reached school about 20 minutes ago, wayyy early for my noon lecture. Why am I doing this?

I tried out a trial for an up-and-coming bus company, Veloce (verh-lo-chey) run by NUS students. It is a bus ride from Tampines to NUS for S$2. Which I think is very worth it. Saves time and money. Just that I'm in school awfully early -_- So now I'm blogging away and will be doing work after this. Lalala.

I reached the bus stop at Tampines Blk 310 (which is the first stop of the day) at about 0853, the bus came a bit before 9. The bus then made its way to a bus stop near Tampines MRT, then to a bus stop at Blk 827 (where YX got up the bus).Then we headed towards Bedok Reservoir then on the expressway to school. KPE-ECP-AYE. I think.

Anyway, the bus was way much comfortable than I'd expected. Will upload the photos during the weekend. And the air-conditioning was great, pulled me away from a hot morning.

On the bus

After leaving my stop

2nd stop of the morning

And the last one, where YX got up

ECP - The Singapore Flyer

The bright and cheery (felt that for the first time in ages) morning sun!


It usually takes me about an hour and 40 minutes to get to school, and I'll spend about S$2.47 per trip on the bus-train-bus ride. Now it took me about slightly less than an hour (plus walking from my place to the bus stop and waiting for the bus) to reach school and I save up about 47 cents. And I don't have to squeeze among the crowd on the train or bus and a lot of waiting time is being cut down!

Not bad at all! It's very cute when everyone gets to go to school together. Macam small school-going children!

Oh they had a trial yesterday with a route from Sengkang/Hougang.

For you people who dread going to school everyday, here's a great alternative. =) I just don't know if they're gonna continue this.

Edit: Oh dear. I think the usual price of each trip is $2.80. -_- Read

No comments: