Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Jamie's Great Italian Escape

It is my favourite show!!!! (of course, without Michael Johns on American Idol)

I particular like what was on this week, where Jamie Oliver went to live in a monastery in Farfa in Sabina, Italy, and it is said that the monks cook the best food.

Anyway, every Tuesday night there'll be what I call Jamie's hour. At 2000hrs it'll be Jamie At Home where he whips up dishes with ingredients from his garden. At 2030hrs, it's Jamie's Great Italian Escape. If you have StarHub cable and want to watch the repeats (I recommend that you do!) it's on later at midnight and again tomorrow morning at 9am. Ch 16. I think I'll watch again later at midnight. I just wanna watch again!

Spoilers ahead.

Jamie thought monks cook very well but actually it turned out to be the other way round.

The monks in the monastery didn't eat healthily, and the food was rather horrible. They didn't have a good garden full of herbs and vegetables, instead they eat vegetables out of cans. Which is ridiculous! The monks in the monastery were pretty silent and keep to themselves most of the time.

Jamie then took the initiative to change the way they cook and eat and I must tell you, it really feels very nice to watch the change! And the monks are soooo cute! They somehow remind me of how I lived when I was in Italy. Aaaah. I wanna go back =(

This was when Jamie brought two of the youngest monks in the kitchen out so as to spark their passion to cook! It was damn cute! Like you see the fun side of the monks.

And Jamie drives around in a Volkswagen Camper!!!! I'm so jealous.


Here's Jamie and the monks of the monastery. And his Camper! =( I want I want!

No comments: