Wednesday, November 28, 2007

One more exam to go

Four papers down, one more to go and it'll take place next Tuesday evening, so I happily am enjoying my days. For now.

Yesterday after the 4th paper I went to VivoCity with Andy who wanted to go there for books. So I happily followed him there. I wanted to get Sodagreen's 无与伦比的美丽 but couldn't find it at Vivo. I wanted to get the Eagles' A Long Road Out To Eden but the find that the CD case, which was actually made of cardboard paper, was a bit too sub-standard and I am just reluctant to get. In the end Andy spent $70 on this compilation and I spent $1 on a bottled drink. I was too tired to shop.

When I reached Tampines I dropped by Tampines Mall to check out Sodagreen's albums. Found it! But it was priced at $27+ and I think it's a bit too pricey. Imported material. So I didn't buy in the end.

Took a bus to Tampines Mart's movie rental shop and I brought High School Musical 2 home. Watched it while having dinner and I seriously think this show is much better than its first part. I found HSM1 poser-y and fake and the plot was absolutely lousy, and the actors' and actresses' dubbing were very inaccurate. However the problem improved quite a bit in HSM2 and the story was much much better! It was hilarious and entertaining at the same time. Seriously. You should watch it for a good laugh. Provided you watched HSM1, if not it'll be quite difficult to capture what was going on. Humuhumu.

Right after HSM2 I switched on the cable and found that Star Chinese Movies was showing Sound Of Colours a.k.a. 地下铁 and since it just started I watched it. It's damn nice too. So sweet and heart warming! Based on a picture novel by Jimmy.

By the time I was done with two movies it was past midnight. I spent nearly three hours on HSM2 'cos of the DVD extras. I always like to watch those extras, that's why I prefer DVDs.

I continued my visual entertainment with S-Pop Hurray that I recorded from Monday night, and by the time I was done it was way past 2. And so I slept.

This morning - no, afternoon, at 1 p.m., when I woke up I went to the kitchen (which will bring me to the bathroom) I saw some monstrous figure outside the window and it really is frightening. Beware of the photo below!

*screams*


Ho ho. I still think I like my self-proclaimed intense sense of humour. Anyway.

They were doing some roofing works so there was this huge machinery (crane) that was tall enough to carry the roof tiles from the top down to the workers on the ground.



It was too tall for me to take a good photo of the machine. But nevertheless, it is quite an interesting event.

Impressive eh?

I went out grocery shopping for dinner as none of my folks is having dinner at home and I had to prepare my own meal. Which I didn't mind at all, I love to concoct(!) all kinds of dishes. Been recipe reading and choosing some stuff which I guess I'll cook someday soon. Won't share with you. Haha!

I had $22 with me when I went to Shop N Save. Spent about half an hour there, and I decided I should just make dinner simple. Pasta in tomato. But I don't make my own sauce usually and still didn't. Picked Del Monte tomato pasta sauce, San Remo vegeroni spirals, two packs of Nutritea, a 2L bottle of Meiji low fat milk, a cup of Meiji yogurt, a loaf of Sunshine bread and a packet of sausages.

Then when I saw the total price at the cashier tick I was horrified. Why on earth is it skipping so fast? I thought I had enough money. So I had to ask the cashier to remove the yogurt and the bread from the list. Damn, how embarassing. Haha never mind. I was wondering why the price when I realised I mistakenly placed a huge bottle of Prego sauce in my basket! Shit! I don't know why I put it in my basket and didn't notice, I probably was distracted or something. =(

When I got home and started cooking, my mum was like, 'Waaaa, smells good!' And she insisted that I cook for her for lunch tomorrow heh heh. At first taste I think my pasta was rather bland, but after a few more bites the taste was just perfect! =D A bit drier than usual 'cos I cooked too much pasta. However I don't think there was an overload of sauce and the dryness was just nice, it wasn't too bland or anything. One day I'll make pasta nicer than the Fish Fillet pasta I tried at Megabites and all those different kinds of pasta in Italy.

Doesn't look appetising but...well not all good food look good! =P


It's still yummy to me!

After dinner I Googled something. How to French braid hair!!! So I tried and succeeded heh heh but of course it was rather loose and untidy. I'm gonna practise more and one day you'll see me in those nice plaits. =D Vanity.

Tomorrow's plans:
1. Cycle at Pasir Ris Park with bro in the morning
2. Cook lunch for my folks (I have some cooking plan in mind, hope it'll work! =D)
3. Shop after lunch with mum!

Then I probably will start studying for the last paper.

No comments: