Sunday, October 14, 2007

From Roberto

When I came back from Europe, they said that one of the Italian guides attached to NUSWS had gifts for all the girls. I heard it was some horoscope-related necklace. And mine was with Yong Kiat since I left earlier and didn't collect it.

After months of waiting I finally got the necklace from YK at our NUSWS tuba outing yesterday. There's actually a pearl in an oyster or some other mollusk and you have to remove it and make a wish and put it inside the necklace.

Here's the necklace with a box-like pendant that you store the pearl in.


The box containing the entire set. 'God-given' Pearl -_-


And then the can containing the oyster...


Look closely at the oyster in the can.


Damn gross right. Hahaha. For some reason I think the oyster died and vomitted the pearl out so the pearl is now nudged between the shells. But I think probably the manufacturers stuffed the pearl into the oyster. However trusting European products, I washed the thought away.

Till I turned the can around and saw this particular sticker that was a bit of a stick-out.


Made in China. Now I think that the pearl was probably stuffed inside the poor mollusk.

No comments: