Sunday, October 21, 2007

All the angst over PSLE math

I think most of you must have heard about the Primary 6 pupils crying after their PSLE math paper. And then their parents complain. Haiyo. I saw three of the 48 questions published in the Sunday Times today and solved them. Hmm, they may be quite difficult for a P6 kid, I doubt I'll be able to solve these questions when I was P6. But considering the higher education standards now, maybe they should be able to solve it after all. Shrugs.

Here are the questions:


Try solving them! I guess the questions are more of, misleading than difficult. For question 2, I spent quite long trying to write down a formula to find the total number of chairs. My mum even laughed at me for not being able to do. And after a while, CHEY. I got the answer in one step. Haha, I thought too much already. But it was rather tricky. Questions 1 and 3 should be easy la. Maybe add question 2 to that. Haha.

No comments: