Sunday, March 09, 2008

My favourite book in the mid-90's

I was introduced to this series of books by my English teacher in Primary 2. I had the feeling she had all the books so she read it to us quite frequently - though I can't remember how frequent.

If you remember, in primary school we had this occasional book fair where we can buy storybooks etc. (I can imagine the book fairs now, if there still are, filled with Harry Potter books) I am not well-off, and last time my allowance was quite puny and I felt quite guilty to ask my parents to give me money for some books. So I never really bought any. But there was this book that I really wanted.



MR. WORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So cute! Hahaha.

I bought it, read it, and chucked it aside for many many years already. It is only recently that I want Ethan to look at words and pictures more frequently (kiasu aunt) that this is the perfect book!!! So I dug it out and ta-daaaaaa.

I've always thought that this book is darn expensive, till I saw the price tag (which miraculously stayed there for years) - $2.90. OMG! So cheappppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahaha I should have asked my parents to buy me one or two more. Hahahahhahahaa. OK la my family was rather low-income at that time.

I think by the time Ethan can read, I should've started working....probably will buy him picture books as gifts =D And bring him to the library!

I reread Mr. Worry. SOOOO CUTEEEEE. Hahahahhaa.

Showed Ethan the book and he was looking at the side with brilliant colours, not the side with words. =S Never mind, this is a good start!

No comments: