Saturday, January 05, 2008

309's day out

Actually there was only five of us. Pei Wen, Wei Wen, Hui Ying, Shi Hui and I.



Before that.

I woke up bright and early today to go for Hai Sing alumni on time. So was quite happy with myself that I managed to wake up on time until I saw Daniel's SMS that practice was cancelled.

Went back to sleep and rose at 1130.



OK, back to the topic.

Met the four girls mentioned above at Parkway Parade for dinner and shopping.

So many things on sale but not necessarily nice things. Things that aren't on sale are nice things. There this wallet that's so pretty! =( But it costs $179 haha. *jumps off the chair*

We ate at The Caffe Bar which looked interesting (to me, because they sell macaroons) and I paid $22.20 for my set meal. I didn't eat macaroons in the end because I was too full and they cost $1.50 each, which was pretty pricey. After dinner we walked around and took the free shuttle bus to Bedok.


And we had dessert at the hawker centre at Bedok Interchange. Maybe if you're with a handful of friends, you all may want to share this:


This watermelon thing that is being sold at one of the stalls. It's at the other side, meaning not facing the bus interchange. It's half a normal-sized watermelon, priced at $5. Quite interesting to share with your friends.

It may look like a mountain of goodies but in fact the inside was all ice. The uncle added syrup, watermelon flesh, peach, canned fruits etc. The ice will melt so it was like you had some kind of juice to drink and that explains the straws. Spoons are provided as well, of course.

It suddenly occurred to me if the uncle reuse the watermelon skin O_O or the cleaners throw them away. I hope it's the latter.



Oh Pei Wen and some of her friends are selling stuff on thehappynest. Do take a look, they opened on New Year's Day.


School is starting soon. I want to make a pair of new spectacles...I think my vision became poorer lately. $$$ I'll procrastinate that.

No comments: