Saturday, February 21, 2009

Prawns with pineapples on skewers.

I cooked an easy dish for dinner today.

It wasn't terrific or anything, but it was good.

I got the recipe from The Pioneer Woman. (which was by the way, one of Time's top 50 blogs)

Nothing exciting happened that I can really blog about, so I'll just talk about the food.

Here are the prawns.


You can't see them, they're drowned inside heaven.

The marinate's teriyaki-sauce-based.

I removed the prawns and skewered them...


...to ensure that they were hugging a cube of pineapple each.

So now you can start assuming that I am going to barbecue/grill this.

No I wasn't going to, I was supposed to. Just that I don't have a grill. I made do with the pan.


In the meantime I strained the marinade, then heated it up to ensure the removal of all germs and bacteria. I hope they died. In addition I added tapioca flour. Or was it potato flour? I can't remember. I only know it's in that beige container by the stove and is used to thicken your stews and gravies.

I was supposed to ignore the marinate actually. However it would be too much of a wastage.

When the prawns were red and hot and sexy I took them out.


Then I poured the marinate-turned-gravy over.


Yummy.

Doesn't look yummy enough to you, that the prawns looked so imperfect? I'm sorry but I'm not a food stylist. Though it would be cool to be one.

Hey, I think I know what I want to be when I grow up (I'm not all grown up though I'm going 22. I'm still in school okay =P). I wanna be a food stylist!

Sorry for the digression.

Good reviews from my folks, except for my sis who thought that it was too fishy.

I think I can't trust her tongue for the next half a year.

I find that the dish was a little on the salty and sour side, I shouldn't have added the salt (the teriyaki has got enough salt in it!) and I added too much lemon juice. The recipe says a splash of lemon juice. I think I added the juice of nearly one lemon. Is that one splash already?

As for how it'd taste like on the barbecue, I can only imagine.

It most probably will turn out to be tastier.

No comments: