Sunday, February 08, 2009

Okay, okay, an update.

Here's to feed you readers with my doody (whatever that means) writing. Stop complaining that I don't update! There's such a thing called writer's block, you know. =P

Anyway. I have some random and meaningless things to blog about today.

Firstly.

There was this boy - I emphasize, boy - outside Tampines MRT Station where he was spewing fire. No laaaaaaaa, he wasn't spewing fire, he was performing with fire. A very young teenager who had the guts to throw balls of fire around within the peak-hour crowd. When I was watching him (and trying very hard to take photos discreetly), a friend of his walked by and they said hi and the performer was telling his friend how well-paid his job was. Apparently a lot of people walked by and threw coins and notes for as long as he was there. I just wonder if his parents know about this. It was the first time I saw a fire-throwing busker. To add to that, in the heartlands.

He definitely turned heads

He'd definitely turn more heads if he burned the banner on top.

And next.

I never knew something like this existed on one of the remotes at home. One that I hardly ever touched.

Karaoke Po(r)n Star.

Hmm hmm.

And some more. A little random note from what happens to me almost everyday at home.

This is the altar at home. On the left is a tablet of my ancestors - paternal granddad and grandma - and on the right is a statue of Kwan Im.


No the fan underneath has nothing to do with the daily praying my parents do at home.

This corner of the altar


has little affinity with me. Or maybe too much. For some reason, I keep knocking into it when I was stepping into the kitchen. And I didn't notice, it was as if I couldn't gauge how wide my shoulders were. I don't mean just a little thud, everytime I knocked into it there was a loud BANG. I worried if everything on the altar would topple over or something, that scared me a bit. And I'm sorry to my grandparents and Kwan Im because I'm pretty sure they'd jump a bit whenever I knock the altar. That's like, maybe more than twice a day.

End.





Why? Were you expecting something more?

I'm sorry, then. =P

No comments: