Saturday, February 21, 2009

My very first blood donation.

Just in case: there's a photo of blood in this photo. Don't read this post if you can't take it!

It was just decided overnight, when RC asked if I wanted to go for blood donation with him.

I had no mental preparation, really didn't know if I wanted to donate or not.

Age is creeping up on me, I was thinking I might be a little afraid of needles.


Yikes.

But I went anyway. Though I overslept and missed RC's donation completely. Sorry =(


And I hate my current hairdo.


While blood was flowing,


RC snapped more photos. Heh. They gave donors a packet of healthier choice nuts.

Because I was a first time donor, I was given a sticker that says 'Be nice to me, this is my first donation' so I got nice treatment. For example, the lady removed the wrapper for the stress ball (which was a heart) for me. And they asked me from time to time if I was feeling giddy or not. (RC didn't get such treatment =P haha)

I just didn't like the sensation of the needle going in and then out. =S

I didn't feel giddy or anything at all, until I stepped out of the MPSH. I thought I was going to faint. My eyes couldn't focus, my brain couldn't think, I just knew I needed to sit down.

And then I felt that I had to pay the toilet a visit. I vomited almost immediately after I entered the cubicle. =S

I think I was in there for quite a while. It was way past noon but I just couldn't get up and go for lecture. In the end I didn't. My tummy hurt too much and my head was still spinning.

When I finally got out like after dunno how long, I went to look for RC and I laid down on a bench. I curled up and felt so terrible. Someone even came over to ask RC if I was alright. And I was in a total mess - my hair was all over the place, RC said I looked very pale. It took about an hour before I felt well enough to go about.

I never felt this terrible before. The most painful of tummy aches and the giddiest I've ever felt.

This was how I was like when I could finally sit up.


The colour was back, my hair combed, but still hunching badly.

Thank goodness for RC.

In the end I hung around him the entire day until I left for band pract and I'm guilty that he didn't get to do any work that day.


His elbow and mine. I got a hot pink strap (I don't know how you term it) while he got a nude-coloured one. I told you I got nicer treatment haha.

Thank you RC =)

No comments: