Friday, December 19, 2008

The new skin

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps, some of you might wonder where this splendid blog layout which is much prettier than the skin on my face came from.

But before that, looking at my most-recent long post, I completed NOTHING in the agenda. If this is some exco meeting, I'd be done for.

Anyway, before I digress, I got the background from here:



It is actually the inside cover of a certain cookbook I talked about in a few posts back. I just have to keep something from the book, don't I? Hahaha. I scanned it in and extracted the design. Hosted it in Photobucket, then set it on repeat in the blog's HTML template. Voila.

Next, the blog body and sidebars. I'm not some HTML queen (obviously, duh) though I had a little bit of HTML education in Primary Six. Sad to say, the lack of facilities thereafter in secondary school failed me. Thus I can hardly remember much. Thank the guy up there for granting me some commonsense, I cleared these


corners that I didn't want out of the Rounders template, available by default on Blogger. This is how it'd look like.


So now you see all the body and bars are sharp-edged, not rounded. And I can play with colours to make them complement my background. =D It's all in Blogger. Not too bad at all!

The photo you see on top, taken by my trusty Zhao Xiangji and edited into a Polaroid by dear Joan, is on standalone. How did I do that?

The guy up there knows what I cleared! HAHA. The next time I clicked preview, the top box was gone and the photo was there by itself, pretty and nice. A little alignment did the trick, to put it in the centre. This is what they call tyco.

Time for bed, it is getting early. Good night!

No comments: