Thursday, December 18, 2008

无题

I feel that this holiday is fruitless through and through.

It's not as packed as last December when I had a valid reason for not finding temporary work. There just wasn't time at all.

This December? Too much free time!

Along with the masa lapang I still procrastinated about everything. From clearing up my room to picking up new skills - like driving (sigh) and trying out new recipes. I seriously dunno what I've been doing.

I have no motivation to call up the instructor for to start my practical lessons. Not at all. I wonder what will motivate me. More freedom? Ease of travel? Maybe, but I'm somewhat (and then not) satisfied with the local public transportation system. Oh well. Whatever.

Ah, I've been following the telly quite faithfully.

Little Nyonya - albeit several logical gaps so far - is one heck of a drama. I think I learnt quite a bit about the old Peranakan culture. I wonder how you can tell if one is Peranakan, I don't think I've met any in my entire life and I'm already at a quarter of my expected lifespan! Back in point, I enjoyed the show through and through. It looks like a terrible sobby soap opera but it actually has its humourous moments. A lovely yet heart-wrenching plot, and a charming Young Master Chen to boot.

I just realised something. Jamie Oliver left my mind this week. Damn.

心花2 is not as nice as Nyonya wrt the story, the plot. And it gets rather draggy. However I love the characters in the show, especially the bad people. How these characters irk you to the maximum, fwah, I enjoy that kind of erm, sensation. But this doesn't imply I like people in real life to come by and piss me off okay.

What else have I been watching? Hmmm. Ah, Rachel Ray. Talked to Jie Ying at the library while mugging and we were chatting at the cookery section (surprise, surprise). RR's books were on the shelves, so JY told me about her and her shows on Channel 5 at weekday noons. Only the last section of her hour-long show was the cooking part though, it is more like a talkshow in the first three-quarters of RR. Sometimes Most of the time I don't know her guests, which kinda sucked. No I don't mean the guests suck, I mean it sucks that I don't know the guests.

Hmmm so the black box has taken away nearly 20 hours of my time in a week. As compared to just one hour for Jamie previously, every Tuesday on Channel 16.

Ah, the loss of my laptop explains the amount of time I have for the television. That laptop is quite an old one, passed down from my brother who went to get a new laptop for himself. It cranked up and died. Life is unpredictable.

On Tuesday bro drove me down to school to get myself a new laptop =D and here it is, finally, a computer for myself. It's a Toshiba Portege M800 in Cool Pearl White. There were mercury silver (which is like black) and candy pink, of which the former is too plain and the latter too..erm, you know. I chose the white one with hopes of there being a red version but oh well too bad. Don't ask me why Toshiba, that's the brand of all three laptops at home and I guess you get your answer. Not that we're very pro-Toshiba, it's just that sometimes you get used to something and bam you're stuck with it. Physical traits aside, I hope the specifications will do me good and the laptop will last for at least half a decade. But nothing really special I think. Normal $2K laptop. Oh but I love the whole Windows Vista features. Pretty interface and pretty interesting. Thanks to lovely Mum who sponsored me! =D

Introducing the new lappie.





As you might have noticed, I've grown to be pretty fascinated with the glowing buttons.



And so I'm still getting used to the new set of keyboard with the new placement of certain keys. Typing text as usual isn't a problem, but with different locations of the much-used HOME, END, DEL, PGUP, PGDN...they take a little more time than usual.

I was playing with Adobe Dreamweaver - because I want a new blog skin - and that somehow got me into reading blogs. Suddenly it occured to me that it isn't that hard to find the blog addresses of some people, which I actually did find one person's blog. It all lies in the username he/she usually uses. Like myself! I think it's time I change my blog address. Haha, no la, nothing to hide. And ya the blog mentioned. The last post was dated in 2004 -_- but nevertheless, it was still a pretty interesting read.

And while I try to come up with a new blog skin - which I just want to edit from the current templates and testing out on the cool Dreamweaver - I think it's time I give my blog a proper name. Boredom-generating titles (like what I have now -_-) are so boring. Pun-intended. There should be a name-my-blog poll and everyone come up with a name that's suitable for me and my blog. Why not you start first?? Hahaha.

Oh The Mind Cafe opened at Tampines Safra recently. There's a current promotion, Happy Hour from 2pm - 6pm (so I reckon it should be renamed Happy FOUR Hours) at $5++/pax, free flow drink.

I haven't blogged so much text in a while (I think), feels good to go on and on and on. =P

Agenda for the new day: Either clear up my room or whip up something new. Or neither!

No comments: