Sunday, November 01, 2009

Roast chicken.

I'm officially unemployed for 4 months, unofficially unemployed for 6. Oh gawd. Maybe I didn't try hard enough.

I shall look into the official unemployment for some comfort for a while.

Anyway.

Since I had time on hand.

I made roast chicken.

Time spent in the oven was around two hours, when the recipe said 1 hr + 30 to 40 mins will do. The chicken just wasn't cooked thru enough.

And my oven was too small. =(

Small oven equals to lower heat and longer time taken when you are roasting a big batch of food. And I didn't have a roasting pan of the correct size too. Time to do some kitchen shopping.

Before.

During.

As you can see here, the chicken was very near the roof of the oven.


After.


This picture was taken the first time I took it out. It spent more time in the oven after that.

And the chao tah part was due to close proximity to the heating elements of the oven. Kinda sian about that.

But guess what.

It was damn nice lo. Seriously.

My family was raving about it, and we polished the entire dish clean.

No la, except for the onions and bell pepper and chicken bones.

Even my mum asked me to do it again some time.

Yeayyy.

Recipe from here but I changed a little stuff here and there.

And if anyone I know here needs a bunch of fresh thyme, they can get from me. I don't know what to do with the remaining bunch I have.

No comments: