Monday, November 02, 2009

无眠 苏打绿

This is a song by Sodagreen called erm, No Sleep. It's a song in 台语, the native dialect in Taiwan or what Singaporeans will blatantly put it as - Hokkien. Though I think linguistics wise there are some differences in pronunciation.



Maybe the band lacked a better word but I thought 'Sleepless' would sound better. Or 'Insomnia'.

Anyway.

I got this from the YouTube page of the MV:
這是一個愛情等待者的自我獨白,他無悔於等待,守護著愛。他希望 像鳥一般比翼雙飛,卻成為了失去水的魚。

Sounds cheesy right. But the song is really simple and nice.

I did some work last night (since I'm like a full-time house-daughter) and translated the lyrics the best I can. It was quite tough because I don't understand the dialect well in words! And how to pronounce too. Don't blame me if you still can't speak the words! I do not know phonetics well and doubt that all my readers know too. HAHA.

Hope this can help you people understand the song better! But there are parts that I still don't understand too. Ha.


无眠
(I typed out the lyrics from the lyric book in the album FEVER 夏/狂热)

今阿日月娘那这呢光
kim na lee wui niu na hiang ni geng
[今天月亮那么亮]

照着阮归暝拢未当睏
zhio tio wun gun ni nong buay dang kun
[照到我到夜都还没睡]

连头毛拢没休睏 (亲像鱼死底花园)
lian tao meng nong bo hio kun (qin qio hee si di huay ngm??)
[连头发都没休息 (很像鱼死在花园)]

你甘知阮对你的思念
lee kum zai wun dui lee eh su liam
[你该知道我对你的思念]

希望你有同款的梦
hee bang lee wu kum kuan eh bang
[希望你有同样的梦]

咱两人做阵返来那一天
na leng lang zuay din deng lai hee jit gang
[我们一起回来的那一天]

互相依偎的情爱
or xiong yi wa eh qeng ai
[互相依偎的爱情]

底你的心肝内
di lee eh sim gua lai
[在你的心里]

是不是还有我的存在
see mm see kou wu wa eh cun zai
[是不是还有我的存在]

永远拢底等
hee wan nong di dan
[永远都在等]

有时阵嘛会不甘愿
wu see zun ma eh mm kum wan
[有时候也会不甘愿]

想讲要作伙飞
shiu gong bei zho hui puay
[说要一起飞]

去一个心中美丽的所在
kee jit eh sim tiong bee lay eh sor zai
[去一个心中美丽的地方]

所有的一切
sor wu eh yi cey
[所有的一切]

拢总尬你放作夥
nong zong ga li kerng zho hui
[全都跟你放在一起]

希望你会当了解 (为着你 我一定等)
hee bang lee eh dang liao gai (wei tio lee wa yit ding dan)
[希望你会了解 (为了你 我一定等)]

我不管 多少时间 多少目屎 多少失望 来忍耐
wa mm guan wa zuay see kan wa zuay bak sai wa zuay see bong lai lin nai
[我不管 多少时间 多少眼泪 多少失望 来忍耐]

我不管 你当时会返来
wa mm guan lee dang si eh deng lai
[我不管 你几时会回来]

其实我嘛不知影
kee see wa ma mm zai yia
[其实我也不知道]

为怎样 为怎样 戆戆等待
wui zua yiu wui zua yiu gong gong dan dai
[为什么 为什么 傻傻等待]

你 是我唯一的爱
lee si wa wui yi eh ai
[你是我唯一的爱]

It's so nice.

And don't think you can use this to ask me go K, I won't. =Þ

No comments: