Sunday, August 02, 2009

More food.

Olive oil bread.

It actually is not called olive oil bread.

I made it up myself. HAHA.

Because I used olive oil instead of butter. Healthier choice, you see.



Thing is, the bread was supposed to look like this.

Please pardon me, I didn't have a French oven, nor did I really follow instructions.



At least mine turned out to look like a normal loaf right =Þ

If I ever wanna try it out again next time, probably I'll be good and use butter.

The guy used a mixer to mix the dough for ten minutes, I didn't have a stand-up mixer, and I kneaded the dough till I sweated all over for twenty minutes and still didn't achieve the effect that he wanted.

And then I gave up =(

Maybe I should go to the Community Centre to take up bread-baking sessions.

Then it was banana walnut muffins.

I did this twice, the first time was better. I don't know what went wrong. Maybe the bananas weren't as fragrant as the first time, or I over mixed for the second time.

Well at least I know I am guilty of the latter.

These photos were from the first try. I thought I was pro enough to ignore the second time. Well at least the difference was in the taste la, not so much of looks.

So in here there were flour and bananas and walnuts and cinnamon etc.


Preheat the oven.


Put them into muffin cups.


I decided to make it fancier by placing a piece of walnut on top of each muffin.


I later realised it was a mistake. HAHA.





You see, it was too hot for the nuts to bear and they got kinda scorched.


But the taste was quite nice and texture was perfect =)


Oh, it just lacked some banana taste.

Do you have any recommendations what bananas to use?


Yummmmmm.

But the second time was no goooooood. =\

Okay, I finally caught up with what I wanted to blog all along haha.

Now I just have to catch up with my Taiwan blog.

I'm around halfway there. Still a long way to go.

No comments: