Saturday, August 01, 2009

Food from some time ago.

I don't mean really old old long ago, but probably just within the past few months.

I cooked. What's new.

And I didn't put them up immediately because I don't know if anyone will be interested to see them.

But since I have nothing much to blog about - oh I'm quite enjoying my temp job, that's all - I think I'll bring the pictures out of their folders.

First up.

Spicy Orange Shrimp. I got this recipe from PW/Pastor Ryan. I think.

Peel and de-vein prawns. Shrimp. Whatever.


Then add some butter to the pan.


In the meantime, mix orange juice, garlic and some herbs and spices together.


Sear the prawns.


I honestly don't know if what I did was called 'searing'. I doubt so though.

I think it was more of, pan-fry and cook 'em.

So when the prawns are done, take them out and put aside.

Add the juice mixture into the pan with the prawny flavours.


Let them simmer but not cool down.


When the sauce begins to thicken (I added a little flour), bring the prawns in and stir fry a bit.


And you're done!


~~~~~

Faux Red Lobster Biscuits from Dutch Girl Cooking.

This is somewhat like the kind of biscuits at Popeye's Chicken, just that this one has got more flavour.

And so.


Investment.

Grate it up.


Done.


Another investment.


I went to Cold Storage at Tampines 1 thinking that there'll definitely be sundried tomatoes, since it's a kind of ang moh supermarket, surely it'll store such produce.

In the end, after searching high and low and asking the staff for assistance, there was no sundried tomatoes at Cold Storage.

No.

Zero.

And guess where I found the prized (and also expensive) bottle?

NTUC.

But anyway. Chop up some garlic and onion.


Measure out some bisquick.


Here.


Add the ingredients together.


Put them on baking paper.



Please be careful while taking them out.

You might be as stupid as me.


That's a burn mark, if you're asking.

But as of today it has completely healed.


They turned out to be quite yummy, albeit kinda salty. =Þ

However no one in my family fancied it. =(

And I made a sundried tomato pasta salad with the remaining sundried tomatoes.


The end.

There's actually also the olive oil bread. But uh, the photos are still in the camera. And obviously I'm lazy to do anything about it.

Good night, I need sleep.

No comments: