Monday, January 05, 2009

In the kitchen

And I cooked again!

Was so excited to cook (haha) and I made 葱油饼 (loosely translated as spring onion 'biscuit') and onion rings.

Onion rings!!! I used Martha Stewart's recipe - The Best Onion Rings (and it was really the best!). It's just that I don't have cayenne pepper and cumin so I replaced everything with paprika and it turned out great! The batter was a bit watery though, so mum added more flour into it. It's just that I didn't expect so much onion rings =S So there are a lot of leftovers. Ask me for the recipe if you're interested okays. It's really good!


And then the 葱油饼. Disastrous. Everything turned out to be alright, except for the 葱油饼 itself. It tasted very salty and tough. Eeks. I'm never gonna make it again. Haha!


But it looks okay. Still edible la, just that I didn't like it. And the spring onion smell was overpowering.

This was the 葱油饼 I ate in Irvine which was good.


I think I'll stick to eating that at a restaurant.

No comments: