Friday, October 03, 2008

Mamma Mia!

I went to watch Mamma Mia! The Movie during my approximately five-hour break today.

Before I go into that, I just wanna say, during that break I can watch a movie, have lunch at a cafe, and even shop a bit.

Anyway, back to MM.

The movie was the worst of the musical-movie that I've seen!

Hairspray and Across The Universe way better!! So so so so much better! Hairspray was based on a musical already, and the songs were composed for the musical so everything fit in perfectly. Dance choreography was absolutely perfect and entertaining. The movie made me feel good and happy! Across The Universe used songs of The Beatles so well that you'd think they were composed for it! And ATU is a lovely movie!

Even High School Musical was way better. I used 'even' because I didn't like HSM1 as it was silly however I liked HSM2's story! But songs from HSM1 was slightly better than the sequel.

Story was terrible, cast was not good! It was more like the actors and actresses were cast not because they can sing, but because they can act and/or look good.

What a

!

I was expecting a good quality cast! Yet the only one who sang well enough, appropriate for a movie, was the protagonist. That's all!

I am serious!

The movie downplayed Meryl Streep as an actress. Somehow or the other I just don't get entertained enough. But I loved Streep in her other movies. Perfect!

But her singing is....not very nice for a musical. They got Pierce Brosnan obviously as eye-candy (to whom my eyes got very sweet for HAHA) and he totally can't sing!!! I was like, 'Huh?!' when he started singing. Why would they want to show this kind of cast! I think they just want to make people watch.

ATU had a much better cast, but mainly because they were quite nobodys so the publicity wasn't good! The public doesn't know what they're missing out on!

MM's storyline is so daft I wouldn't want to talk about it here.

Sighhhh. So much for a movie that I'd been looking forward to from Los Angeles to Singapore.

No comments: