Friday, September 26, 2008

Why I can't eat beef

I am sort of brought up as a Buddhist and like many others of the same religion, I am not allowed to consume beef.

However, I usually not consume beef due to preference, and not so much of religious reasons. I am not a person with faith, so I don't really follow what I am supposed to. Probably somewhat free-thinker, I don't know.

Last night at supper someone thought me that Buddhists and Taoists alike can't eat beef, because we drink cow's milk (raw milk, no melamine added) and that is just like how we drink our mothers' milk. Therefore the cow is also sacred as we grow up due to its milk. So we shouldn't eat beef.

That's somewhat quite an acceptable reason, but I still think I will still eat beef whenever I have no choice.

We'll see.

No comments: